Robert
Robert, BMW Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

I am having various electrical issues, mainly with the head

Customer Question

I am having various electrical issues, mainly with the head unit
JA: What is the model/year of your BMW?
Customer: 2012 f20
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Not yet with this issue. Thought it may be cabling but don't think so. Screen reads no signal when ignition on but then bootloader message (in German!) When car starts
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: Headlights do turn on but I also had an adaptive headlights failure message before. This all cleared with new battery
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: This affects the PDC, drive mode switching (sport, eco pro etc) and all media
Category: BMW
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 2 months ago.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm ok to wait
Expert:  oleksandrav-mod replied 2 months ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Oleksandra-Moderator
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologise for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, what indicators do you have lit?
Is just the display in german?
Is the car starting on'