sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Water damage, need a CAS module, DME, and new key programmed

Customer Question

Water damage, need a CAS module, DME, and new key programmed to my 2006 bmw e90
JA: Is the key stripped or worn?
Customer: Neither I think
JA: What is the model of your '06 BMW?
Customer: Yes 06
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No I had the car dropped off to a Bmw specialist as I can't start, 3 weeks ago, they said it's water damage and quoted me £1752 to repair
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I found the spare parts I need on ebay, just wanted to know a price to fix and if you can send a mechanic out to fix car
Category: BMW
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologise for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, what is your location?
Also, did you buy the modules brand new oem or second hand?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my location is Woolwich, South London, I haven't bought the parts yet but they are second hand

Dear customer, first i want to apologize for my long delay to get back to you. i had a personal issue and i am rreturning now.
I understand the query you are making in reality, almost 1800 pounds for the repair is not out of the ordinary because this repair is effectively including the CAS and DME modules in addition to the labor, installation, programming, etc.As long as the parts are new, they have the last software for your BMW, it is within reason.

Now, it is true that you can save a few pounds by getting second-hand parts as what you are doing the only thing you have to take into account when choosing the parts to pay for is that the serial models match basically when you go to buy the parts, corroborate the serial number of the vin code of your BMW 2006, it should match the code of the modules to be installed.

In addition, these modules must be programmed with the vehicle and this has a cost, this programming is not complicated to do, but it requires a diagnostic tool with its BMW software. In addition, the technician must have the knowledge of the use of this diagnosis but you can bring them the modules and they can install and make the relevant programming. I think that in total with the labor the programming and the installation you could save between 500-800 pounds according to the prices of those who get the modules and the prices that technicians charge you for installation...
About a good garage to do it:
KMK autos
https://kmkautos.co.uk/
(###) ###-####8088
29 Neville Road, Croydon, CR0 2DS

They are working and can give you a quoete for free.

Do you understand me dear customer?
My goal is to give you the best experience possible that's why i am sorry for my delay! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!
Kind regards.
Keep safe, Sebastian.