experteer
experteer,
77184159

Someone tried to siphon petrol from my 1series. The spring

Someone tried to siphon petrol from my 1series. The spring loaded piece down the tube is now jammed and can’t fill up with fuel. Any ideas? Jim
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: seems to start ok what’s a gas hog?
JA: What is the model/year of your BMW?
Customer: 2013 M135
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: not tried anything as yet. Looks as though the siphon pipe has been hauled out and jammed the flap in the pipe upwards.
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The petrol filler won’t push passed the flap. That’s all I can see really. Hoping to fix mysef!

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is***** would like to help you.

Sorry to keep you waiting.

The problem is that the flap was probably bent a lot when the hose was pulled out. Due to the construction, it is actually not possible for the flap to stand up. It must have been bent with strong force when pulling out the hose.

All you can try is to knock the flap back inwards with a tool (if still reachable). If this does not help, the tank and the filler tube must be replaced.

I would be very happy about a rating with 5 stars over the star bar at the top of the page, without this rating the site operator does not pay us experts.

experteer,
Experience: 
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** I feared. I will try with non metallic tools to return it down the tube.

You´re welcome.