experteer
experteer,
77184159

I find the suspension too bumpy in the x5 (2016) even in

I find the suspension too bumpy in the x5 (2016) even in comfort mode. Can anything be done?
JA: How has the ride been lately? Have you noticed any fluid under the car?
Customer: No its always been like that
JA: What year is your X5?
Customer: 2016
JA: Are you fixing your X5 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No was wondering can it be improved or do I need a new car?
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is***** would like to help you.

No, unfortunately, there's nothing we can do.

I assume that you have the active damping control on the car, so you can set the damping harder and softer by a selection.

In this case a conversion to other shock absorbers is not possible, because unfortunately you cannot bypass the system and the system would be disturbed with standard shock absorbers.

With the altive damping control small solenoid valves are activated in the damper, which make the damper softer or harder. Unfortunately you can't use other dampers with this system.

I would be very happy about a rating with 5 stars over the star bar at the top of the page, without this rating the site operator does not pay us experts.