Robert
Robert, BMW Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

My BMW 2010 X5 e70 will not go into regen mode and DPFs

Customer Question

My BMW 2010 X5 e70 will not go into regen mode and DPFs clogging up - the AA says a fault says it thinks th3 engine is at minus 40 so which sensor (I assume will that be). My mechanic says the water temp sensor on radiator outlet checks out all ok. Can you help please??
JA: Have you checked the connectors on the sensor itself? It's important that they not be loose or corroded.
Customer: All ok
JA: Are you fixing your X5 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No my mechanic at the garage we use. What sensors would be involved
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: About a year ago the DPF was blocked and we had it cleaned out - it has now blocked again so think something is wrong and it will not go into regen mode - even hard driving on a 3 hour journey
Category: BMW
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 12 days ago.
Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.Dear customer, do you have the error codes ?
If so, could you share them with me please.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No error codes
Dear customer, first I want to apologize due my delay.
About your query, i don't fully understand among the opinions of the mechanics. I would like to know firstly if you have replaced the dpf and if this is the second obstruction that occurs in the in less than a year.