Robert
Robert, BMW Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

My z4 e85 hood is no longer working.. When I press the

Customer Question

My z4 e85 hood is no longer working. . When I press the buttons to open or close nothing happens not even the windows go down . So I was just wandering if this may be boot switch faulty or a relay?
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: 112000 and working fine
JA: What year is your Z4?
Customer: 2003
JA: Are you fixing your Z4 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes I replaced the hydraulic motor in the boot for the roof to operate and until then that was the only problem but since the lock mechanism To release the roof doesn’t work either
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that’s it
Category: BMW
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 12 days ago.
Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.Dear customer, do you heard any noise when trying to open?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No noise when i press the buttons no light or anything
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Sorry can you just give me an answer before calling
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hi can you reply?
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 11 days ago.

Sorry i am having some issues to get online, i will opt out to let another tech help you.
I apologize.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 10 days ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find continuing a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.