Phillip H
Phillip H,
Experience:  Vehicle Technician at Richmond Motor Services
108937146

I bought cat s 2015 bmw 320d xdrive msport with front

Customer Question

i bought cat s 2015 bmw 320d xdrive msport with front damage. got it repaired. Repair included condensor, radiator, bumper lights and bonnet. everything is working fine but climate control and radio panel. got it checked by two electrician who checked all fuses and wire connection to control panel but in vain. tried 2 different panels but no lights and cant find fault
JA: Have you checked the manual yet? Most vehicles have two fuse panels.
Customer: yes
JA: Are you fixing your 320i xDrive yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: its 320d, have got it checked by two electricians who said that all fuses are ok, wire feeding the control panel is ok and advised that there may be a fault in contrl panel. got two used control panels with same part numbers but invain
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks
Category: BMW
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 7 days ago.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
i am ok to wait
Expert:  Phillip H replied 7 days ago.

Hiya

If you have a registration I will see if there is any wiring diagram available.

Phillip

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
FMW 820J
Expert:  Phillip H replied 6 days ago.

Hiya

Has the vehicle got single zone or dual zone heating system?

Phillip

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
its dual zone
Expert:  Phillip H replied 6 days ago.

Hiya

Please find attached a wiring diagram for your Heater / AC System

Thee is a link within the system to the Audio Unit. I suspect you will find it is a module issue that is causing this problem however the first thing to do would be continuity checks on the wiring and recheck that there is power and earth to the units.

There is no dedicated wiring diagram available on Autodata for the Audio Unit.

I would think your best option for diagnosis would be a BMW dealer or a BMW specialist.

Phillip