sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

My convertible roof wont open. I have noticed that the

Customer Question

My convertible roof wont open. I have noticed that the inside of the right hand mechinism is missing. Can you help and advise what this part is called.
JA: What year is your Convertible?
Customer: 2015
JA: Are you fixing your Convertible yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I havd tried nothing. But it looks an essy fix if i have the part
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not at the moment
Category: BMW
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 8 days ago.

Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 7 days ago.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, based on the information you offer me, I have to tell you that these mechanisms are not sold by themselves, that is, it is not that you can go to an auto spare parts shop and tell them to please only sell certain parts of the mechanism, these mechanisms are sold by kit, that is, the whole set comes. I do not know because strange reason certain parts of the interior of the mechanism are needed but whatever the reason you will have to buy the mechanism completely.

I do not have the model of your vehicle but I can recommend you to look for the mechanism part from second hand (in a junk yard for example) at much lower costs than having to buy a new kit, you also do not necessarily have to carry them out to the dealership,if the vehicle is not under warranty, you can proceed quietly to any auto locksmith garage as they are experts in these systems.

Do you understand me, dear customer?
Please let me know if you have any doubt or if there is anything else i can help you with.
Kind regards, Sebastian.