sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

249300, 4 series 2014, yes, just diagnostics, I have bmw

Customer Question

249300
JA: What is the model/year of your BMW?
Customer: 4 series 2014
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, just diagnostics
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have bmw 430D
Category: BMW
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I have few faults that are related and want your advice please
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 9 days ago.

Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 8 days ago.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, the main code is the first one that tells us about a pressure problem in the injection rail monitoring, it is precisely speaking that during the start of the engine.

I'm telling you this because the second error code referring to the catalyst system can be rooted to the fuel pressure problem.

The oxygen sensor is a sensor found near the catalyst. What this sensor does is measure the amount of combustible air that is burned in the engine through a reading of the exhaust gases.

What is happening is that the mixture is not stoichiometric, i.e there is not the same amount of air with the same amount of fuel, therefore the vehicle tells you that the cat is receiving a high or low signal.

In general, fuel pressure problems are due to lack of maintenance in the injection system, such as lack offuel filter replacement, lack of injectors cleaning, including the pump, due to having some kind of problems, so it is advisable to start with simple servicing the vehicle and removing the injectors t clean them and checking the fuel pump pressure.

Do you understand me, dear customer?
Please let me know if you have any doubt or if there is anything else i can help you with.
Kind regards, Sebastian.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you Sebastian. Great answer. Would you also advise to change oxygen inlet and exhaust sensors?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Could you also please help he with this code please?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Change combination switch stalk on this one?
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 7 days ago.

It is my pleasure can help!

Dear customer, what happens is that this is another area of failure. The steering column systems can work erroneously and cause this kind of error code due to various factors.

I would recommend you proceed directly to replace the switch, but you first have to check several aspects before not making the mistake of spending money unnecessarily.

What I would recommend is that you verify all these parameters with the diagnostic equipment through the live data stream, in this way you will not waste time or money because the advantage is that these vehicles throw all the electronic operation through the equipment diagnostic.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Perfect. Thank you for your help. I will try to look at the problem a little more in depth at my mechanic store. Thanks
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 6 days ago.

It is my pleasure can help! I hope everything will be sorted soon.
All the best, Sebastian.