sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

My 2009 BMW 320i has a diagnostic error code that I need

Customer Question

My 2009 BMW 320i has a diagnostic error code that I need fixed
Category: BMW
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 12 days ago.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

Dear customer, i would like to know the error code and the diagnostic tool you are using to help you with.

thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Error code is 30E9 it’s pointing me towards replacement of the catalytic converter
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Error code can’t be deleted as it reappears in error message list immediately...

Dear customer, indeed, the indicator thath you are presenting refers to the exhaust emissions system, these systems are basically the ones that measure the amount of pollutants that come out through the exhaust and regulate them.

The second thing we have to do is a verification of the oxygen sensor, which is the sensor that measures the exhaust regulations, once this has been verified, if even with the sensor being replaced, these error codes continue to activate, we will have to perform maintenance on the fuel injection system of the air intake system,what happens is that when we have the activation of the codes referring to the exhaust system it is because the exhaust sensor frees the pollutants according to the mixture of the cylinders which must be stoichiometric between fuel and air when we have either one of the two factors ubncalibrated, that is, if there is more fuel than air or more air than fuel, which makes the error codes get activated, which is why even replacing the sensor, it continues to handle problems in the catalyst, we must perform maintenance on the injection system,by cleaning the injectors and the pump as well as the air intake system by cleaning the throttle body.
My goal is to give you the best advice i can based on your description, I hope to be helpful, if you have any doubt please do not hesitate to reply back.
Kind regards, Sebastian.