MichaelUK
MichaelUK, Technician
Experience:  Technician
109796520

Would like to know if it's possible to change to the

Customer Question

would like to know if it's possible to change to the headlights from UK to continental orientation. I'm going to live in Germany.
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?
Customer: Are you human or a bot?
JA: Yes, I'm a bot. I make the process of talking to the Mechanic more efficient and affordable by asking basic questions. What year is your Continental?
Customer: It's a BMW 318i. I want to change the headlights from right hand drive to left
JA: Are you fixing your Continental yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Forget it
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes his hat size
Category: BMW
Expert:  MichaelUK replied 12 days ago.

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is***** would like to help you.

What year of manufacture is your model?

Does the car have Xenon or LED headlights?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
2011 xenon
Expert:  MichaelUK replied 12 days ago.

Good morning, unfortunately I was not online last night.

The Xenon headlights cannot be changed. Some of them had a menu or a lever to change them for holiday trips, but these settings did nothing else but lower the headlight a little bit to avoid dazzling oncoming traffic.

For permanent conversion, headlamps for right-hand traffic must be installed. The aperture cut-out in the headlamp which makes the shape of the light is then exactly the other way round. Unfortunately, this cannot be replaced individually.

With two used headlights and the conversion by a garage the costs should be around 1500-2000 pounds.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No longer needed thanks.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thanks. £2000??
Expert:  MichaelUK replied 12 days ago.

Yes, with used Xenon headlamps you should expect around 1500 to 2000 pounds. For new ones about 2500-3000.