Tom Hildebrandt
Tom Hildebrandt,
Experience:  Kfz-Mechaniker at Ford Mohag
109781715

Roof close button on my Z4 E89 2009 flashing red. I have

Customer Question

Roof close button on my Z4 E89 2009 flashing red. I have opened and closed the roof and all seems ok until the final part when the windows come up then the red light comes on again . If I opted and close the drivers window the light goes out but if the car goes over a bump it comes back on again and the dash warning sign flashes on and of .
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: Dash lights are all ok . I thought it maybe the roof / window latch sensor
JA: Are you fixing your Z4 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing as yet trying to collect as much info as I can.
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: BMW
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 16 days ago.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hi , I'm ok with you to carry on with your search if you would be so kind ! Just some further information is that if I turn the engine of when parked lower the drivers window and raise it again the fault stops and the flashing stops . Many thanks ,Chris.
Expert:  TetyanaP-admin replied 15 days ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Tetyana-moderator
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Please carry on your search.Many Thanks
Chris.
Expert:  Tom Hildebrandt replied 13 days ago.

Dear seeking advice,

My name is ***** ***** I have been since 20 years a professionell mechanic. I have read your offer by JustAnswer and I´m trying to help you.

In the convertible top compartment there is a switch that positions the lock. If you write on small bumps, the lamp triggers. I´m able to imagine that the position switch is not in the right position. To do this, the complete switching process has to be ended manually once by holding the switch down for 2 seconds and pulling the handle out in the trunk as far as it will go (position holder) then turning the handle 90 degrees until it clicks into place.

Of course, one of the sensors can also be broken, but here I would go to the error readout to see which sensor could be defective.

I´m aviable for further questions.

Greetings

MechanikerTom

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hi Tom,
Sorry for the late reply ! But I haven't got a handle in the boot of my car ? The model I have is a 2.3i sdrive E89 2.5L 2009 Z4 . Any other ideas would be much appreciated.
Many Thanks
Chris.
Expert:  Tom Hildebrandt replied 9 days ago.

Unfortunately, I can't help you.

I am releasing your request for further experts.

Greetings

MechanikerTom

Expert:  AlinaK-admin replied 9 days ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Alina-Moderator
Expert:  AlinaK-admin replied 7 days ago.
Alina-Moderator