sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

My doors would not unlock with the keys, Yes, 320i 2006, Yes

Customer Question

My doors would not unlock with the keys
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: Yes
JA: What is the model/year of your BMW?
Customer: 320i 2006
JA: Are you fixing your 320i yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes am trying to fix it
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Category: BMW
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 11 days ago.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay and would like to know whom i am having the pleasure to chat with.

Dear customer, if the problem you have is that you are not opening any door with the central locking system, there are several factors that can cause this, from a problem in the relay of the central locking system to a problem in the central locking module.

The ideal is always to start with the most basic, checking the state of the fuses and relays, if you have a diagnostic equipment with BMW software, we can induce a signal to the solenoids of the doors to see if the module is the one that is not emitting the sign.

If we do not have a diagnostic equipment, we could use a tester or multimeter and disassemble the upholstery of the door to access the solenoid of the central locking system and see if we are obtaining an electrical signal in the solenoids.

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, I hope to be helpful, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back.

Kind regards, Sebastian.