sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

My battry is dad .now i put the new battery but car no

Customer Question

Hi.my battry is dad .now i put the new battery but car no start
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: No just for long time no started.now i put new batteries and it has full charge
JA: What is the model/year of your BMW?
Customer: 116d 2017
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes i try my self.im mechanic but i dont know about bmw
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No just it
Category: BMW
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Car is cranking wery low
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 10 days ago.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay and would like to know whom i am having the pleasure to chat with.

Dear customer, when we discharge the battery there are several factors that can happen that can affect the ignition, the ideal is always to start with the most basic thing which is to check the state of the fuses and relays, especially those in charge of the ignition system.

secondly, many times the immobilizer system gets deprogrammed and the anti-theft system may be activated

Let me explain how your immobilizer system works.
The electronic immobilizer protects your vehicle by means of an electronic code integrated in the key. This is composed of an invariable personal code and a second code that the immobilizer modifies each time the engine is started.
When starting the vehicle, the immobilizer checks the personal code and the variable. If both codes are correct, the immobilizer sends a new coded signal to the engine control to unlock the engine. Without this signal, the engine can not be started, even by a bypass.

If you have a problem in the key or in the immobilizer, your vehicle will not turn on, this happens a lot when we perform works in the vehicle, it may have unintentionally done something to the battery that made the vehicle think that you were trying to turned on without its respective key or some other case that could activate the immobilizer.
If the immobilizer cannot verify the codes, this may be due to different factors, such as the key has been deprogrammed with the immobilizer, or that the key has no access to the vehicle, therefore the immobilizer inhibits the ignition , this type of problems is quite common so you do not necessarily have to go to the dealership to solve it, although it would be the most prudent and correct thing to do, There are auto locksmith garages and local garages that can help you with your case, reprogramming the key fob, key and the immobilizer, and verify if any of the modules present damages or if there is a short.
This problem may be the most likely but there are another factors like a problem with the key fob or main battery, fuses, key barrel or some sensor like the CKP sensor. Starter relay etc.

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, I hope to be helpful, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back.

Kind regards, Sebastian.