RichardM1126
RichardM1126, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
110837232

Just had the AMG battery replaced with a new one but I have

Just had the AMG battery replaced with a new one but I have a static warning message constantly displayed, it will not go away - the car is a Series 2 Active Tourer Sports
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: The Battery is brand new as of 3 days ago
JA: What is the model/year of your BMW?
Customer: 2016 series 2
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: A reputable garage changed the battery
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Yes, this message was being displayed before I had the new battery installed
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
The replaced battery was the original one

Hi my name is ***** ***** BMW the AGM battery needs to be registered with the cars onboard computer normally using main dealer equipment, some specialist garages might have the equipment but it does sound like this is the problem,

if the car has registered that it has a new battery it will still show the warning, hope this helps