Kevin
Kevin, BMW Technician
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at Kemsing motor company
84635724

The DTC warning light is coming on while driving on

Customer Question

The DTC amber warning light is coming on while driving on motorway. Power sporadic to wheels so are on the hard shoulder. Any advice much appreciated.
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: Amber warning triangle with an exclamation mark in it and an anti clockwise arrow circling it, page 73 of our handbook. The handbook says DSC is regulating the propulsive and breaking forces.
JA: What is the model of your '73 BMW?
Customer: 320d 08 plate
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Asking advice on whether possible to fix it ourselves by resetting the system. Otherwise have called Brittania rescue, probably for a tow to next services.
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Category: BMW
Expert:  Kevin replied 20 days ago.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is***** am a vehicle master tech located in the UK and I will do my best to assist you. During this conversation, you will be given an automated offer for a phone call. You may accept or decline that offer. I don’t personally offer this service so if you take this another tech may call I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. Don’t worry though, we’ll be able to figure this out. Please understand that I do not know your knowledge or capabilities so I may need to ask questions to find out basic information to help solve your specific problem. My aim is to give you the best service possible and to help you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know. Sometimes it may take a moment for me to respond because I may have to look up information about your concern. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. Can I first ask who I have the pleasure of speaking with today, please?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Amanda Shackell
Expert:  Kevin replied 20 days ago.

Hi, Amanda, I hope you're well.unfortunately, there is very little you can do here. the most common cause is damage to the rear wheel speed sensors confusing the system into believing there is a loss of traction.The car needs to be connected to a diagnostic scan tool and trace the cause