Phillip H
Phillip H, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Vehicle Technician at Richmond Motor Services
108937146

I am thinking to buy a bmw 530e 2018, Which is out of

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I am thinking to buy a bmw 530e 2018
JA: Are you fixing your 530i yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Which is out of warranty and I am not sure about the battery in this car if its good or not How I can know that ?
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: No I mean the hybrid battery
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Please connect me
Category: BMW
Expert:  Phillip H replied 20 days ago.

Hiya

When an Electric or Hybrid Vehicle is Serviced a Battery Health Check Report should be produced at the time.  This will detail the health of the battery and if there are any potential problems.

Unfortunately Electric and Hybrid Vehicles are still to new to be able to give any real advice on the longevity of t he battery but obviously with age the battery will degrade and will never be as good as a new one.

On a 2018 vehicle if it has a reasonably  low mileage I wouldn't think you would have to many issues.  If you were looking at something of say 10 years old or high mileage of say 100000 miles plus then you potentially could have some issues with battery life.

Phillip