sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have locked my keys in the boot of my 3series BMW How can

Customer Question

I have locked my keys in the boot of my 3series BMW How can I open the boot
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?
Customer: 10000 Reg GD02EBC never. I opened the boot to check something and musthave put put my keys down in it without realising what I had done
JA: What is the model/year of your BMW?
Customer: year 01 Model BMW series 3
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: haven't tried anything
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: We are at my relatives house in the country - no garages for miles. I need to get back to Kent tonight
Category: BMW
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 9 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear costumer , i see that you are not in the vehicle, but if you get to be or have access to it ( any open door) you can access to trunk in many ways, generally you can remove the back seats, since many model have latches that when lowering the rear seats forward allow access to the trunk, in some others you need to remove the seats by removing the floor screws that hold the seat and allow it to be moved forward, this is not difficult and anyone can do it. This alternatives are if you have a way to access from inside, otherwise you could try using special pliers to open locks, they are usually sold in hardware stores, the thing about it is that you need technique and patience to do it,generally i don´t recommend this because you can damage your car lock and in the worst case the painting,just in a few cases as a technician we take this action, generally we use external companies specialized in locks