sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

MY BMW if i select the gear from park to drive, it goes

Customer Question

MY BMW if i select the gear from park to drive, it goes automatically back to neutral
JA: How many miles are on the car? Have you noticed any fluid leaks lately?
Customer: 19,000 no fluid leakage
JA: What is the model of your '19 BMW?
Customer: 2018
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Never tried anything myself
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Nothing
Category: BMW
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 10 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer, it seems that the transmission is being placed in neutral as a precaution, if you have not had problems before, it may be a configuration issue or a software issue, I recommend starting by performing a factory data reset to set the car to its initial settings.
If the problem persists it is likely that you will have to do a software update to your BMW.

Data restoration can be done through any diagnostic tool with BMW software, you do not even have to go to the dealership but if the problem persists, the software update have to be done at the dealership.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I am clicking on the software factory settings it won’t load

Dear customer, that reset that I observed that you are doing is from the central console, when I talk to you about restoring the factory data, i am talking about a procedure through the diagnostic equipment with which all the factory data is restored and the vehicle is left with the initial setup. I repeat that it does not have to be with the dealership tool, it can be any multi-brand diagnostic tool.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I contact bmw and their technician have been able to fix the problem
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Actually I think what he did was a reset just like you said

Dear customer, a pleasure to serve you.