sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

BMW x3 reversing noise doesn't switch off when I change to

Customer Question

BMW x3 reversing noise doesn't switch off when I change to drive only when I switch the ignition
JA: Have you checked the battery lately?
Customer: Problem with reversing sensors
JA: What year is your X3?
Customer: BMW x3 reversing sensors don't switch off
JA: Are you fixing your X3 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Sensor noise only stops when I switch off the ingition
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Category: BMW
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
no supporting documents
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
battery check no Age 09
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I am not fixing my x3
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I'll type
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 17 days ago.

Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 16 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer this may be due to several factors indeed it is possible that it is defective parking sensors but it may also be a misconfiguration in the equipment, configurations can generate such problems over time, any alteration in the electrical signal can cause a misinterpretation of the electronic modules causing them to be sending wrong signals and therefore may be permanently lit sound alerts.

Here the ideal is to always start with computer diagnostics to check what error codes may be being generated and verify if an electronic module is working incorrectly.