Phillip H
Phillip H, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Vehicle Technician at Richmond Motor Services
108937146

Im unable to reach battery of my bmw, ita not leaking i have

Customer Question

Im unable to reach battery of my bmw
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: ita not leaking i have to connect subwoofer with battery
JA: What is the model/year of your BMW?
Customer: 1 series M135i, 2020
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have seem diagrams online that the battery of my car is in the boot but i am unable to removed silver sealed sheet to reach the battery terminals
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Category: BMW
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 14 days ago.

Expert:  Phillip H replied 14 days ago.

Hiya

This sheet is placed there to stop people accessing the battery.  There is no need to access the battery there because Terminals are provided under the Bonnet for the purposes of Starting the Vehicle if it has a flat battery or for testing Battery Voltage.

If this sheet is removed it in effect voids your warranty!  The only things that should be fitted to your BMW while still under warranty are BMW approved accessories.

If you still want to access the battery then simply remove the sheet covering it as they would in a BMW Dealer when they replace the Battery however rememeber your all important Warranty!

Phillip