sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Afternoon, I’ve just bought a 3 series and it’s had a knock

Customer Question

Afternoon, I’ve just bought a 3 series and it’s had a knock to the rear passenger door and boot.
Mira setting off the window anti trap and boot alarm in the car when I’m driving and it’s doing my head in. I’ve tried to re set and it has t worked.
is there a fuse I can take out to stop the beeping until I get the panels fixed.
JA: Have you checked the manual yet? Most vehicles have two fuse panels.
Customer: Yes I’ve had a look. It’s a 2007. Is there a fuse I can remove to stop the warning beeps
JA: What is the model of your '07 BMW?
Customer: 3 series diesel
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I hav’nt tried anything. I just want to find a way of turning the warning beeps off
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: that’s everything
Category: BMW
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
File attached (LSQ1TZ4)
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I’ve held the window trap re set and the window works fine. The door doesn’t lock properly and the boot doesn’t open. I just want to cancel the alarm until I can get it fixed properly and the panels replaced.
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 14 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer what happens is that in the door there is a sensor that detects when the door is closed or open the problem is that the blow probably descuadró this sensor or descuadró the lock and is poorly closed anyway the system that causes you the sound is directly involved in the locking system central locking system so it cannot be disconnected as in older vehicles by removing a fuse or disconnecting a bugle here what I recommend is that you go to a brass and paint shop as these shops can correctly square the door and lock and they can also check if the sensor is out of square.