Robert
Robert, BMW Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

Is anyone able to tell me what is the hardest bit when

Hello, is anyone able to tell me what is the hardest bit when changing fuel injectors? And if the injectors look well, can I change just the seal? I drive 320d series. Thank you

Hello im Rob. A UK Certified Motor Technician assisting you today..

The most difficult part really is getting them pulled out from the cylinder head..some can come out with slide hammer and the special injector puller attachment and lots of penetrating oil down round the injectors to soak in..but often if they are properly siezed..you have no alternative to employ someone with a hydraulic puller...If they do come ok and easily enough and the injectors arent faulty,new ones or replacement need coded.you can replace the seals

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hello Rob, that is so helpful to know. I really appreciate it. When you say coded, will I be able to drive somewhere to have this done after I replace them? TIA

Well you could get someone to come out to it.if they have a decent scantool..most highend Autel,Bosch diagnostics ones these days can do it..or if they have INPA which is basically near enough to dealer level...