sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have locked my key in the trunk, 130000 No, 13 3 series, I

Customer Question

I have locked my key in the trunk
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?
Customer: 130000 No
JA: What is the model/year of your BMW?
Customer: 13 3 series
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have tried to open from back seat
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Category: BMW
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 16 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Ok can i have an answer please?

Dear costumer , i see that you are not in the vehicle, but if you get to be or have access to it( any open door) you can access to trunk in many ways, generally you can remove the back seats, since many model have latches that when lowering the rear seats forward allow access to the trunk, in some others you need to remove the seats by removing the floor screws that hold the seat and allow it to be moved forward, this is not difficult and anyone can do it. This alternatives are if you have a way to access from inside, otherwise you could try using special pliers to open locks, they are usually sold in hardware stores, the thing about it is that you need technique and patience to do it,generally i don´t recommend this because you can damage your car lock and in the worst case the painting,just in a few cases as a technician we take this action, generally we use external companies specialized in locks

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, I hope to be helpful, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back.

Kind regards, Sebastian.