sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

My remote key is giving me problems, no, the Car is a 640d

Customer Question

My remote key is giving me problems
JA: Is the key stripped or worn?
Customer: no, the Car is a 640d 2017. And I’ve replaced batteries etc
JA: What is the model of your '17 BMW?
Customer: i also get a message on my console that the battery is discharging when car is parked
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: ive just told you
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Category: BMW
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 15 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Can you tell me what the problem could be with my car?
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
No I prefer
To text
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hello?

Hello dear customer, I apologise for the delay.

Dear customer both keys give you the same problem?

Dear customer, I would like to know how long your bmw battery has been in use or how long you have had it without replacement?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
The car is 2017 with low mileage the problem is with both keys. The car battery hasn’t been replaced since purchase

Dear customer for the notice that you present that the battery is discharging by itself with the car parked seems to be that your battery has problems in the load cells have already been many years of use and already normal that the battery is reaching the end of its life therefore is losing energy.

The problem is that your BMW model needs a proper electrical voltage for proper operation of the load cells are damaged electrical voltages are not the same is possible that all the problems you are presenting with the central locking system come from damage to the main battery of the vehicle.