sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

My 2010 bmw 320i boot light comes on saying it’s open when

Customer Question

My 2010 bmw 320i boot light comes on saying it’s open when it’s not and I can’t open the boot with the key fob
JA: Have you checked the fob's battery?
Customer: it still opens all the doors
JA: What is the model of your '10 BMW?
Customer: its a 320i saloon the basic model
JA: Are you fixing your Saloon yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I can’t get the boot open to do anything
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I’ve some light faults come up as well
Category: BMW
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 19 days ago.
Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear costumer I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, please give me a moment to evaluate your problem in detail, you can send me pictures or videos that better describe your problem, also, it is likely that I should ask some additional questions to improve my final answer. The system will offer you a premium service call which has an additional charge to the initial cost of the consultation, but it is not necessary we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer this started to happen suddenly? does it make the opening attempt sound?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
No all the doors open but no noise from the boot
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
No it’s ok with the phone call

Dear customer, if there is no noise from the boot when trying to open the boot, the signal is detecting that the boot has already been opened, therefore, there are two possibilities, try to adjust it so that it closes correctly, if the sensor has not detected the opening it will do so, otherwise it will be necessary to readjust the central locking, so that the sensors are reset, if the fault persists you will have to look at the mechanics of the lock, and change it, as there is a probability that it is jamming.

Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 18 days ago.

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back. The experts at just answer will always be there to help you. For future enquiries you can contact me directly using @Exp-JoseSebas Kind regards, Sebastian