sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Imy X5 has a busted alternator. I was wondering what model

Customer Question

Imy X5 has a busted alternator.
JA: What year is your X5?
Customer: I was wondering what model numbers of the alternator are used in X5 2017
JA: Are you fixing your X5 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Well my battery has been dead and it can't be charged as the RAC man said the alternator is gone
JA: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?
Customer: I'm not changing myself... A mechanic would be doing it
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Not sure what other info I can provide
Category: BMW
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 9 days ago.
Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear costumer I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, please give me a moment to evaluate your problem in detail, you can send me pictures or videos that better describe your problem, also, it is likely that I should ask some additional questions to improve my final answer. The system will offer you a premium service call which has an additional charge to the initial cost of the consultation, but it is not necessary we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ok sounds good

Dear clienter what revisions did the RAC man make to say this?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Basically my battery in my hybrid has died. I've been told that the alternator is busted. I have a mechanic who is willing to replace my alternator but he needs a specific alternator model no that is used in X5s
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Basically he started the engine, and checked if battery is charged. Battery wasn't charging. He assessed that the alternator is gone and that is why the battery is dead
Customer: replied 9 days ago.

Dear customer, if these symptoms are quite particular, and very much referring to alternator failure, would you like me to help you find a place to replace it?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I was hoping to find out the specific model number of the alternator that is needed for the X5 xdrive 40e SE auto

Dear customer, please allow me a moment to locate this part.

Dear customer, the part in question is as follows. However, the X5 model has too many variants, so I would like you to tell me about your exact model before purchasing the part.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/352644399657

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back. The experts at just answer will always be there to help you. For future enquiries you can contact me directly using @Exp-JoseSebas Kind regards, Sebastian

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I wrote the exact model no in the previous message
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
X5 xdrive 40e SE auto
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 8 days ago.

Dear customer, the following alternator is the one you need. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/363370883660