Kevin
Kevin, BMW Technician
Experience:  Diagnostic technician
84635724

Lights inficator and break indicator not working, No i

Customer Question

Lights inficator and break indicator not working
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?
Customer: No i havent but should be fine
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: Bmw(###) ###-####JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I took the car to halfords but they are unable to repair it
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: The car have been diagnostic and show the error 480143
Category: BMW
Expert:  Kevin replied 8 days ago.
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is***** am a vehicle master tech located in the UK and I will do my best to assist you. During this conversation, you will be given an automated offer for a phone call. You may accept or decline that offer. I don’t personally offer this service so if you take this another tech may call I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. Don’t worry though, we’ll be able to figure this out. Please understand that I do not know your knowledge or capabilities so I may need to ask questions to find out basic information to help solve your specific problem. My aim is to give you the best service possible and to help you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know. Sometimes it may take a moment for me to respond because I may have to look up information about your concern. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. Can I first ask who I have the pleasure of speaking with today, please?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
My name is Tiago
Expert:  Kevin replied 8 days ago.
Hi Tiago I hope you are well. I’m sorry to hear you are having issues with your bmw and I totally understand how frustrating this is. Can you confirm no external lights at all front or rear?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Rear
Expert:  Kevin replied 8 days ago.
Ok and this is both sides?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Just left
Expert:  Kevin replied 8 days ago.
Ok so I suspect the multi plug on the bulb holder has melted, it’s very common and typically requires a replacement bulb holder , pins and multi plug
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Just quick question do you know someone in Birmingham that could fix today?
Expert:  Kevin replied 8 days ago.
I don’t unfortunately, most would have to get parts in from the dealer in order to repair
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Ok thank you
Expert:  Kevin replied 8 days ago.
You are very welcome.
Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thats all thank you
Expert:  Kevin replied 8 days ago.
No problem