sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a BMW 2 series Gran Tourer. The glove compartment is

Customer Question

Hi I have a BMW 2 series Gran Tourer. The glove compartment is stuck and cannot get it to open
JA: What is the model/year of your BMW?
Customer: 2018 218d
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: hubby is trying to fix it. Haven't tried anything yet as don't want to make it a more expensive exercise by doing something that messes up something else
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Category: BMW
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 10 days ago.
Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
hello

Dear customer, I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, please give me a moment to evaluate your problem in detail, you can send me pictures or videos that better describe your problem, also, it is likely that I should ask some additional questions to improve my final answer.

The system will offer you a premium service call which has an additional charge to the initial cost of the consultation, but it is not necessary we can continue through this chat without any problem.

Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I have no images to send you as I cannot see what the problem is other than the fact it will not open

Dear customer, can you tell me what you have tried so far to open?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
ok can continue online
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
hello? Anybody there?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
there is no key just the lever. The lever releases freely (it's not stiff) but the compartment does not open. There doesn't appear to be any other method of opening it (with a key for example as the car is keyless)
Dear customer, try tapping on the glove box, does your glove box not have a key entry?
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 9 days ago.

Dear costumer, most of the time, a jammed glove box can be opened by gently tapping the latch mechanism while carefully pulling on the glove box door. The emphasis here is on gentle and careful attempts made with patience, not brute force.

If you still can't get it open please send a picture of your glove box.

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back. The experts at just answer will always be there to help you. For future enquiries you can contact me directly using @Exp-JoseSebas Kind regards, Sebastian