Pete
Pete, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

When I’m on a motor way at some speed it feels like the car

Customer Question

When I’m on a motor way at some speed it feels like the car keeps swinging me occasionally to the point I feel like I’m going to crash
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: 150000 manual
JA: What is the model/year of your BMW?
Customer: series 3 2010
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Nope
Category: BMW
Expert:  Pete replied 6 days ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer. Thank you for contacting us for assistance with your vehicle. I'm Pete. I will be happy to assist you with your question. May I ask to whom I have the pleasure of speaking with today?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Expert:  Pete replied 6 days ago.

Hello Matt. Nice to hear from you today! I'm sorry to hear you are having this problem. I know this can be frustrating. Was anything done to your BMW that may have caused this issue? Have you checked the tire pressures to make sure they are at the correct pressures?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I recently just bought this car also the tire pressure fault is constantly on my dash but I checked the pressure and they are all the same
Expert:  Pete replied 6 days ago.

Thank you for your reply and that information as this does help me better understand the situation. Please give me one moment to type out some info for you. I’ll be right back!

Expert:  Pete replied 6 days ago.

Thank you for holding Matt!

If the tire pressures are too high in your BMW it will cause an unsteady feel to your vehicle when driving. I recommend making sure the tire pressures are adjusted to the specifications of the sticker that is located either on the inside of your fuel flap or around the driver door jamb area. Also, make sure that the tires are all the same. The tire pressure light can come on with an incorrectly adjusted pressure or a faulty tire pressure sensor that has to be replaced. If the tire pressures are found to be o.k. then I recommend having the struts inspected as well as the sway bar links and control arms in the suspension system for any worn components. If any of those are found to be worn that will also cause this issue and the worn components will need to be replaced. If needed a shop or dealer can inspect these for you for around $150 to identify the cause so they can then be repaired properly.

Expert:  Pete replied 6 days ago.

Glad I could be of some help today! I hope everything works out well for you! If there are any additional questions on this issue that should arise, please feel free to reply and ask here! If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a favorite Expert. You’ll have the option to do that on your “My Questions” page if you choose to rate our interaction. Have a great day! Thank you for choosing Just Answer for your questions!