sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have been told that I need to change all 4 tyres on my BMW

Customer Question

I have been told that I need to change all 4 tyres on my BMW 540i x drive when only the front passenger side wall tyre is damaged can you advise me. ThNk you
JA: Have you ever changed a tire on this vehicle?
Customer: All tyres have been changed on this vehicle but tread is like new as I have only fine 3000 miles on the tyres.
JA: What year is your 540i?
Customer: 2018
JA: Are you fixing your 540i yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no I have taken it to a garage
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: i have been told that I have to replace all four tyres due to being tokd something about gearing. All tres have 9 mm of tokd somethingsomething about gearing
Category: BMW
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 21 days ago.

Dear customer my name is***** the expert who will attend you today, I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, if you wish you can tell me your name, to know who I have the pleasure to talk to, also if possible I would like you to send me a photo or video in which your fault is better appreciated, it would help a lot to improve my final answer. If you have done a previous check or diagnosis in which you have obtained any error codes, that would also be helpful. Please note that the system will automatically offer you a service call, this has an additional cost to the initial cost of the consultation, and not in all cases it is necessary, so I recommend you to dispense with the call for now, we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trusting in the just answer.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
My name is ***** ***** I have been told I need 4 new tyres on my 540i x drive as I have dNaged only one. All others have 9 mm très in them even dMGrf one.

Dear customer, what they really need to do is to change a tyre and then align and balance it, maybe they don't have an automatic alignment system and therefore they are sending you to change all of them.

Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 20 days ago.

Dear customer, I think the reason they are suggesting this is because of what I mentioned in my previous message, but if you wish I can help you find an expert in your area to do this work. It would also be appropriate for you to tell me everything they told you in the workshop as maybe there is something you are missing and that is the real reason for the decision to change all 4 at once.

Dear customer, it is my pleasure to serve you. You may wish to mark me as a favourite expert for future reference. I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a Favourite Expert. You will have the option to do so on your "My Questions" page or you can request me by name on the site if you wish. My name is @Exp-JoseSebas Thank you for trusting Justanswer.