sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

E65 the head unit only blinks 3 times then stops, I have no

Customer Question

E65 the head unit only blinks 3 times then stops, I have no sound, bluetooth, satnav, any ideas John
JA: What is the model/year of your BMW?
Customer: E65 2004
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No red light in boot traced it back to the head unit, it flashes three times when switched on then its dead
JA: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?
Customer: The red light from the UK
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: The red light from the head unit, when you switch it on it blinks slowly three times, then nothing no light
Category: BMW
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 18 days ago.

Dear customer my name is***** the expert who will attend you today, I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, if you wish you can tell me your name, to know who I have the pleasure to talk to, also if possible I would like you to send me a photo or video in which your fault is better appreciated, it would help a lot to improve my final answer. If you have done a previous check or diagnosis in which you have obtained any error codes, that would also be helpful. Please note that the system will automatically offer you a service call, this has an additional cost to the initial cost of the consultation, and not in all cases it is necessary, so I recommend you to dispense with the call for now, we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trusting in the just answer.

Could you send a video of this?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I could tomorrow, but all it would show is the optics port at the back of the head unit flashing for about a second on and off three times
Cheers john
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I could in 8 hours time
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Are you still there
Dear customer I will keep an eye on it, I will shortly send you a general answer of the possible causes but after watching the video I will give you a more detailed answer.

Dear customer, because you have not been able to send a video as I said before I must send a general response, however please note that this response may be more specific as you provide more information about your problem, therefore by sending the video we will evaluate other options, to start this kind of error is usually related to two possible causes, the first a deficiency in the power supply of the infotainment module which generates this restart you mention and failure of the systems related to the radio, this failure can be caused by a fault in the module itself, or damaged wiring, in some cases it could even be the contacts, another option worth considering is a failure of the data system of your radio, in these cases, it is necessary to try a firmware reset, this work unfortunately, can only be done by an expert in car electronics, as they could incur permanent damage if any failure occurs in the process, if you want I could recommend some specialists near your area to do this work.

Dear customer, it is my pleasure to serve you. You may wish to mark me as a favourite expert for future reference. I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a Favourite Expert. You will have the option to do so on your "My Questions" page or you can request me by name on the site if you wish. My name is @Exp-JoseSebas Thank you for trusting Justanswer.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Scamming bastard

Dear customer, did you receive my previous answer?