sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

It is cranking but will not start, Yes was driving it just

Customer Question

It is cranking but will not start
JA: Have you checked the fuel supply? And are all the spark plugs working?
Customer: Yes was driving it just died and now will not start at all its cranking though
JA: What is the model/year of your BMW?
Customer: 2005 120d e87 Sport
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checked all fuses tried different battery, it has only happened since bmw did the recall on the air con wire under dash
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Right before the car died it the battery light and abs light flickered
Category: BMW
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 20 days ago.
Dear customer my name is***** the expert who will attend you today, I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, if you wish you can tell me your name, to know who I have the pleasure to talk to, also if possible I would like you to send me a photo or video in which your fault is better appreciated, it would help a lot to improve my final answer. If you have done a previous check or diagnosis in which you have obtained any error codes, that would also be helpful. Please note that the system will automatically offer you a service call, this has an additional cost to the initial cost of the consultation, and not in all cases it is necessary, so I recommend you to dispense with the call for now, we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trusting in the just answer.
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
My name is ***** ***** the car didn't want to start on the day then it started manged to get almost home then the battery light came on then abs light came on dash then died straight away and now will not start at all just cranking turning the engine over just will not start have checked all fuses they're fine the fuel is coming out of the rail when its undone fuel pump is priming but doesn't stop its constantly priming when ignition is on thankyou
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
There was about 14 codes when I first checked it they got cleared and tried starting again and these 3 came back
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
The car went for the air con wire (under dash) recall recently has been fine until after this recall may not be related but thought was worth mentioning

Dear customer, when the vehicle displays a warning light accompanied by one of these errors, the control unit has detected a fault in the DPF pressure sensor circuit (which has been designated as A). In some cases, the pressure sensor is mounted in the engine compartment, somewhat remote from the DPF. It monitors the back pressure of the exhaust gases before it enters the DPF. When the control unit detects a backpressure that does not match the manufacturer's specifications, an error is generated and the corresponding warning lamp illuminates.

Possible causes of these errors are:

• - Empty additive tank. -Incorrect use of additive - Defective pressure sensor. 
  •  - Clogged pressure pipes. 
  •  - Defective pressure sensor circuit(s). 
  •  - Inefficient regenerations. 
  •  - Inoperative active regeneration system. 
  •  - Incorrect installation of new DPF. 
  •  - Incorrect (or no) trouble code deletion. 
  •  -Particulate filter saturation 

These factors should be checked and a code clear should be carried out, as they are activating an emergency mode that prevents the car from starting, so no major damage is caused.

Dear customer, it is my pleasure to serve you. You may wish to mark me as a favourite expert for future reference. I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a Favourite Expert. You will have the option to do so on your "My Questions" page or you can request me by name on the site if you wish. My name is @Exp-JoseSebas Thank you for trusting Justanswer.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Thanks could this be the case even though I've had no dpf light on my dash show up?
Dear customer, this code is directly related to the dpf, so if I consider that this could be your case.
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Thankyou

At your service