sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

On the came the message the baterry is not charging, i buy a

Customer Question

Hi there
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: on the came the message the baterry is not charging
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: i buy a new one and still
JA: What is the model/year of your BMW?
Customer: BMW X5 F15 2015
JA: Are you fixing your X5 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just change the new baterry
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Category: BMW
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 20 days ago.

Dear customer my name is***** the expert who will attend you today, I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, if you wish you can tell me your name, to know who I have the pleasure to talk to, also if possible I would like you to send me a photo or video in which your fault is better appreciated, it would help a lot to improve my final answer. If you have done a previous check or diagnosis in which you have obtained any error codes, that would also be helpful. Please note that the system will automatically offer you a service call, this has an additional cost to the initial cost of the consultation, and not in all cases it is necessary, so I recommend you to dispense with the call for now, we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trusting in the just answer.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
razvan
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
im alright with the chat
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
hello

Dear customer, did you change the battery and check the connections to the alternator?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
i've just buy and replace the batery
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
is saying again THE Battery IS NOT CHARCHING

Dear customer, have the connections to the alternator been checked?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
No how im doing that?

Dear customer, with a multimeter you can check the load that the alternator is sending to check if it is working properly.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
i check on the alternator?

Dear customer, the alternator is what charges the battery. If the alternator is not working properly, the battery will not charge.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
any video how to do that?

Dear customer if you do not have experience in this kind of work I advise you to allow me to recommend you to a specialist near your area, as you could damage the multimeter in a bad reading in case the alternator is working properly, currently I do not have a video of how to check it for your model, but it is basically, placing the terminals to the ground and positive port of the alternator.

Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 19 days ago.

Dear customer the problem that you present is very likely to be due to a power supply problem by the alternator, this as I said before one of the best ways to check if this is really charging, is checking in real time with a multimeter output connections of the alternator, previously I recommended that this kind of work was better the hicier an expert in automotive electricity because the manipulation of the electrical system could have major problems.

Dear customer, it is my pleasure to serve you. You may wish to mark me as a favourite expert for future reference. I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a Favourite Expert. You will have the option to do so on your "My Questions" page or you can request me by name on the site if you wish. My name is @Exp-JoseSebas Thank you for trusting Justanswer.