sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

BMW Z4 N46. The car will not start. I was driving and

Customer Question

BMW Z4 N46. The car will not start. I was driving and noticed that when I got off the motorway the red oil light started to blink, idle went off a bit and stalled at the lights. restarted. I parked on a hill. At restart would not start. Oil level is correct.
JA: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?
Customer: It blinks not steady
JA: What year is your Z4?
Customer: 2005
JA: Are you fixing your Z4 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am fixing myself. Changed oil pressure sensor, exhaust cam sensor and the Eccentric Camshaft Sensor
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Category: BMW
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 18 days ago.

Dear customer my name is***** the expert who will attend you today, I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, if you wish you can tell me your name, to know who I have the pleasure to talk to, also if possible I would like you to send me a photo or video in which your fault is better appreciated, it would help a lot to improve my final answer. If you have done a previous check or diagnosis in which you have obtained any error codes, that would also be helpful. Please note that the system will automatically offer you a service call, this has an additional cost to the initial cost of the consultation, and not in all cases it is necessary, so I recommend you to dispense with the call for now, we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trusting in the just answer.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Sal
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
When I first checked it was 2A83 Vanos intake
2F9E thermal oil level sensor
2B63 camshaft sensor
2A63 Valvetronic servomotor

Dear customer, due to what faults did you have to change everything you mentioned and what error codes did you get? After all these changes, did you reset the vehicle's data?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
The error codes have cleared but still not starting.Other now are:
0F power on reset
0E DME Changing code XOR=error

Dear customer, what have you checked so far and what does the car do when you try to start it?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Just turns over, smell of petrol but no start. Plugs have wet
petrol on them,

Dear customer, did you check that the spark plugs are generating correctly?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
No I have not checked for a spark

Dear customer, the spark plugs may be damaged or the coils may not be feeding correctly.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Plugs are new, it is not running at all. even if one coil failed it would start no?

Dear customer, if the coils fail, the spark plug does not have the right spark and will foul without igniting, hence the importance of checking the spark.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I will check each coil. give me a few minutes.

Perfecto dear costumer.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Hi spark on all 4 coils
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Hi all coils are sparking
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Are you still there?
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 17 days ago.
Dear customer, did you check the working pressure of the pump?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
it is operating correctly fuel flowing
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Seems like a timing issue

Dear customer, you should then check the rings, the pistons and the cylinder head, I think that your problem, given everything you have told me and the initial problem you had, could be found in these factors

Dear customer, as I said before you should check the rings, pistons and cylinder head, I think that your problem, given everything you have told me and the initial problem you had, could be found in these factors, however I want you to know that you can continue to make use of this chat, to give me more information of everything you are checking to thus deepen in more detail the problem.

Dear customer, it is my pleasure to serve you. You may wish to mark me as a favourite expert for future reference. I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a Favourite Expert. You will have the option to do so on your "My Questions" page or you can request me by name on the site if you wish. My name is @Exp-JoseSebas Thank you for trusting Justanswer.