sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

My 1 series roof won’t open, 2013 sports series, just using

Customer Question

My 1 series roof won’t open
JA: What is the model/year of your BMW?
Customer: 2013 sports series
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just using the key & pressing the button inside
JA: Is the key stripped or worn?
Customer: i am not sure
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: however recently it has been taking some time to start the car
Category: BMW
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 18 days ago.

Dear customer my name is***** the expert who will attend you today, I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, if you wish you can tell me your name, to know who I have the pleasure to talk to, also if possible I would like you to send me a photo or video in which your fault is better appreciated, it would help a lot to improve my final answer. If you have done a previous check or diagnosis in which you have obtained any error codes, that would also be helpful. Please note that the system will automatically offer you a service call, this has an additional cost to the initial cost of the consultation, and not in all cases it is necessary, so I recommend you to dispense with the call for now, we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trusting in the just answer.

Dear customer, I understand nthis kind of problem. There are only 4 factors that can cause this problem so I will proceed to explain them to you. First, the roof motor is reaching the end of its useful life and it not working properly. We need to tested directly but this is our last step Second, the relay is failing because it about to damage or it is loose, here is where we should start. Third, the battery has a low voltage therefore it does not have enough power to activate the sunroof. Finally, the roof rails are not greased correctly, the guides are bend or the rails itselfs is dirt. My recommendation nos to start with the relays then the rails, the battery and finally the sunroof motor.

Dear customer, it is my pleasure to serve you. You may wish to mark me as a favourite expert for future reference. I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a Favourite Expert. You will have the option to do so on your "My Questions" page or you can request me by name on the site if you wish. My name is @Exp-JoseSebas Thank you for trusting Justanswer.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I think it might be the battery
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 17 days ago.

Dear customer you have to evaluate the factors I have mentioned, the battery is clearly an option.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I cannot check the other options as I wouldn’t know where to look for the things u have mentioned

Dear customer, if you do not have the tools to check this, I could recommend an expert nearby to help you with this.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thank you that would be great

Can you give me your address?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
43 Tillingdown Hill Caterham CR3 6QN

Dear customer, the following experts are close to you, they will be able to help you with these reviews.

Electrum Auto Electrics

+442085408233

MC Vehicle Repairs

+447504380343

AH Auto Services

+447970708175

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Than you Are they open today?

Dear customer, we will be open in a few hours

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Okay great

At your service dear customer.