Hemal Mistry
Hemal Mistry, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Expert
114984299

118d wont start, change battery, still no ignition, locked

Customer Question

118d wont start, change battery, still no ignition, locked Sterling wheel and gear stick
JA: Have you changed a battery before?
Customer: Yes all night
JA: What year is your Sterling?
Customer: 2013 Automatic bmw 118d diesel 2.0
JA: Are you fixing your Sterling yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: charging/change battery
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no problem before
Category: BMW
Expert:  Hemal Mistry replied 16 days ago.
Good Afternoon Dear Customer.
Welcome to JustAnswer.!I hope you’re well.
Firstly I’ll like to introduce myself. My name is***** and I am a vehicle expert here on JustAnswer.I am here to help with any query’s you have for you vehicle problems/needs and will try my best to give you the best possible advise/ outcome I can and also help you through them.Who do I have the pleasure of speaking to today.?The system offers an automated phone call service which is optional on weather you will like to accept or not.Just so I fully understand what’s been going on, your vehicle isn’t starting or ignition coming on after charging battery?Is this correct.?
Kind regards Hemal
Expert:  Hemal Mistry replied 15 days ago.

Good Evening dear customer.

I hope your well.

Im just sending you a follow up message to see if you got my previous message relating to the battery starting issue on your BMW.

I have found on most cases that even a fully charged battery won't help as the cells inside the battery have dried up.

I would suggest a new battery and check the connections and earth cables to see if they are all perfectly intact.

I hope this information helps.

If theres anything else I can help with please don't hesitate to ask.

Hope you have a lovely day.

I would also like to thank you for using JustAnswer.

Take care.

All the best. Hemal Mistry