sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have installed the pannier lock with key in lock but not

Customer Question

I have installed the pannier lock with key in lock but not all the little teeth were in the right place and then I inserted it into the holder and now can not get the key out of the lock to then remove the barrel
JA: Is the key stripped or worn?
Customer: It new
JA: What is the model/year of your BMW?
Customer: 2020
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Do it myself
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Don’t think so
Category: BMW
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 14 days ago.

Dear customer my name is***** the expert who will attend you today, I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, if you wish you can tell me your name, to know who I have the pleasure to talk to, also if possible I would like you to send me a photo or video in which your fault is better appreciated, it would help a lot to improve my final answer. If you have done a previous check or diagnosis in which you have obtained any error codes, that would also be helpful. Please note that the system will automatically offer you a service call, this has an additional cost to the initial cost of the consultation, and not in all cases it is necessary, so I recommend you to dispense with the call for now, we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trusting in the just answer.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Darren
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Not yet
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Can you not tell me how to get the barrel out and key which are both stuck in the slot
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Are you still here

Dear customer, did it get stuck?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I can not remove the key
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
How do I remove the barrel and key
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Can you help me
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Are you still here

Dear customer, I generally recommend that this work is done by an automotive locksmith because when you do this, what will happen is that the immobiliser will be activated, but generally the warranties on these parts are usually extensive, is yours not in force?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I will contact BMW thanks

Dear customer, it seems to me the most appropriate, as these parts usually have longer warranties, and the reprogramming of the immobiliser and key fob system can become cumbersome without the proper equipment, although in due course an automotive locksmith would be the best option as they have this equipment.

Dear customer, it is my pleasure to serve you. You may wish to mark me as a favourite expert for future reference. I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a Favourite Expert. You will have the option to do so on your "My Questions" page or you can request me by name on the site if you wish. My name is @Exp-JoseSebas Thank you for trusting Justanswer.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
The key is stuck in the pannier lock not the ignition.

Dear customer thank you for clarifying this, I would like to know if you tried using a lubricant like wd40? However, if you notice jamming, in order not to damage the lock, I would advise you to use a locksmith service, as it will be much cheaper.