Pete
Pete, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

I need help with my BMW, 320d - 2009 The trunk does not want

Customer Question

Hi There
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: Hi, I need help with my BMW
JA: What is the model/year of your BMW?
Customer: 320d - 2009 The trunk does not want to open
JA: Have you tried silicone spray or WD-40?
Customer: It seems more like a electric issue The trunk does not respond to either my key or when trying to open with hand
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: So, I've opened my backseat and enter the trunk inside to find the emergcy handle But seems my UK version does not have that I've replaced my battery also while I was inside the trunk as I thought that could be the issue
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No I thank that is it
Category: BMW
Expert:  Pete replied 17 days ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer. Thank you for contacting us for assistance with your vehicle. I'm Pete. I will be happy to assist you with your question. May I ask to whom I have the pleasure of speaking with today?

Expert:  Pete replied 17 days ago.

Was anything done to your BMW that may have caused this issue to occur?

Expert:  Pete replied 17 days ago.

Based on the information you have provided this issue with the trunk not opening manually or with the electronic signal from the key can indicate that the trunk latch itself in your BMW is defective to where it has to be replaced. Unfortunately, when the trunk is stuck closed like this there is no easy way to open it since the latch is most likely at fault. You will need to contact a local locksmith in your area or a repair facility to have them come out and use their tools to open the trunk for you. Once it is opened up the latch will need to be tested as well as the latch wiring for any issues needing to be resolved. The locksmith or repair facility may charge around $150 to look into this issue for you. The cost to replace the latch can sometimes cost over $300.

Expert:  Pete replied 17 days ago.

Glad I could be of some help today! I hope everything works out well for you! If there are any additional questions on this issue that should arise, please feel free to reply and ask here! If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a favorite Expert. You’ll have the option to do that on your “My Questions” page if you choose to rate our interaction. Have a great day! Thank you for choosing Just Answer for your questions!