sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a 2014 4 series convertible, rear brake light and

Customer Question

I have a 2014 4 series convertible, rear brake light and indicator warning lights on saying fail , actual unit was replaced 2 months ago yet it has happened again , bulbs are ok
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? Does the light stay on steady or is it intermittent?
Customer: brake fluid is fine , over last week or so it would come on then go off if you used right indicator or used brake but seems to stay on as of today
JA: Are you fixing your Convertible yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am not , I ordered part last time myself due to cost , a mechanic checked everything before I ordered part , 1 of the small metal points that connected it was broken and they said that was the issue , new part ordered and was ok for about 2 months but same issue now however I don’t know how to take apart so assuming same issue
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: The part that was an issue is called f32 f33 f36 tail light bulb holder and plug right
Category: BMW
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 7 days ago.

Dear customer my name is***** the expert who will attend you today, I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, if you wish you can tell me your name, to know who I have the pleasure to talk to, also if possible I would like you to send me a photo or video in which your fault is better appreciated, it would help a lot to improve my final answer. If you have done a previous check or diagnosis in which you have obtained any error codes, that would also be helpful. Please note that the system will automatically offer you a service call, this has an additional cost to the initial cost of the consultation, and not in all cases it is necessary, so I recommend you to dispense with the call for now, we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trusting in the just answer.

Dear customer, I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing these problems, I am having difficulty understanding which part was replaced, could you send me pictures of the part? Also, any diagnostics that have been done with a scanner can help me give you a more accurate answer, if you have the error codes it would be great if you could share them with me.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
File attached (536SSS2)
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
No thanks , I wouldn’t be fixing myself
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Error code is rear right brake light fail and rear indicator right fail , picture above is the unit which was replaced 2 months ago

Dear customer, do you have the part number for that part? Can you share it with me?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
BMW 4 series F32 F33 F36 tail light bulb holder and plug - right ( js)

Dear customer, thank you for the information, have you checked this lampholder again? Have you noticed any damage to it? Especially corrosion?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I am unable to access it as I don’t know how to take apart , there was no corrosion last time as it was a thin metal connector that had broken

Dear customer it is accessed through the boot, what worries me is that it has been damaged again as it could be having problems such as corrosion or moisture accumulated in it, it is not normal that this part is constantly damaged, it could also be a problem in the connections as a connector misplaced.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I totally understand what you are saying and I have to agree totally , it is finding someone to look at it etc which is a big issue , I use my car for work and am in it all the time so I have little spare time, some garages I phoned wouldn’t even look at it for a month which is a concern

Dear Customer, it is not necessary to look for a specialised BMW workshop, many external workshops can carry out this service.