Casey Atwood
Casey Atwood, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Expert
110262156

I’ve just got my X3 back from bmw it was in for a broken

I’ve just got my X3 back from bmw it was in for a broken bonnet release handle and you still have to pull the handle more than twice
JA: What year is your X3?
Customer: 2019
JA: Are you fixing your X3 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no I’ve only had the car for one week it’s still under warranty
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I traded my bmw 3 gt in for this and I never had a problem with that

Thanks for choosing Just Answer. I am here to look into your question today so please feel free to ask me anything required in order to get your problem resolved! We all understand it can be annoying when your auto is not operating as expected but not to worry I will do my upmost to help get it sorted. I am just looking at the information you have provided now so just bare with me for a few moments please.

can I just ask what BMW changed and was it any different when you booked it in

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No they put a new handle on the inside of the car
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
It’s still the same they said the release mechanism was faulty

are you with the car at the moment?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No it’s parked across the road
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Plus you have to really slam the bonnet down to catch both locks

Thank you for the added information it really assists with getting me the right information, I can see that you are still having difficulty with the bonnet system on the vehicle even after BMW had it. I can certainly understand how frustrating that can be especially when it goes to the dealer so hopefully, the following can help

• you will most likely require a latch mechanism, 
  • you can try using some grease/ lubricant to manually open and close the latch to free it off first 
  • the cable has stretched, this usually happens due to excessive heat the metal expands and snaps 
  • I believe that due to the cables stretching the mechanism BMW replaced was defective due to the slack in the system 

I am here to help so if you require anything else please let me know 

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I’m going back to bmw this afternoon my last Beamer you could open the bonnet with one finger not this one , thank you for your advice I’ll be in touch

You’re very welcome! It has been a pleasure to help you today, is there anything further I can assist with? Thanks for choosing Just Answer I hope you have a great day.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No thank you for your assistance

you are welcome