Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.
44667847

Mariner 25 HP 4 stroke starts up fine but after a few

Mariner 25 HP 4 stroke starts up fine but after a few moments of moving either forward or aft at low speed there is a strident alarm that sets off. The alarm only cuts off by switching off. If I put it in a faster speed it not only sets off the alarm again but the power is significantly reduced. What needs to be done please ?
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Boat Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Nothing else I have noticed presently.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Okay

Hello, welcome, my name is ***** ***** do I have the pleasure of speaking with? I have been in the marine industry for 25+ years have been a certified marine technician since 2006 and I will be happy to help you.
I am sorry to hear you are having these problems with your boat. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get you back on the water quickly.

Your question was -The alarm only cuts off by switching off. If I put it in a faster speed it not only sets off the alarm again but the power is significantly reduced. What needs to be done please?

Answer - I would be happy to help you with that. The alarm and subsequent low power only happens for 2 reasons, low oil pressure or engine overheat. So either your engine has low oil pressure or is overheating, or it thinks it is due to faulty sensors/wiring.

Jason, Marine Mechanic
Experience: Degree in Marine Technology. Gas and diesel marine mechanic.