sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Fluxgate compass connected to Smart Pilot computer has

Customer Question

Fluxgate compass connected to Smart Pilot computer has accidentally been exposed to a magnet. Heading now 180 off; boat image on plotter no going backwards. Any fix other than new fluxgate??
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Electronics Specialist I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Electronics Specialist can help you best.
Customer: Fluxgate compass giving hdg 180 degrees off
JA: Is there anything else the Boat Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Category: Boat
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 17 days ago.

Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 17 days ago.

Dear customer my name is***** the expert who will attend you today, I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, if you wish you can tell me your name, to know who I have the pleasure to talk to, also if possible I would like you to send me a photo or video in which your fault is better appreciated, it would help a lot to improve my final answer. If you have done a previous check or diagnosis in which you have obtained any error codes, that would also be helpful. Please note that the system will automatically offer you a service call, this has an additional cost to the initial cost of the consultation, and not in all cases it is necessary, so I recommend you to dispense with the call for now, we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trusting in the just answer.

Dear customer, unfortunately the only two options you have are to allow a reasonable waiting time for the field of the magnet you have used to induce your unit to disappear and return to that of the earth as a reference, or else replace the unit.

Dear customer, it is my pleasure to serve you. You may wish to mark me as a favourite expert for future reference. I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a Favourite Expert. You will have the option to do so on your "My Questions" page or you can request me by name on the site if you wish. My name is @Exp-JoseSebas Thank you for trusting Justanswer.