Yachtwork
Yachtwork, Marine Engineer
Experience:  MEC3 and RYA Yachtmaster Ocean
10951514

After flushing my pump out toilet the humming noise won't

Customer Question

After flushing my pump out toilet the humming noise won't stop sounds like water flushing in system
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: It's like a ratterling sounds constant humming since I flushed the toilet. My water run out to
JA: Is there anything else the Boat Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Humming noise
Category: Boat
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Constant hum.sounds like water is filtering.from tank
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I'm scared
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I don't know what to do
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
The water tank is making a high pressure sounds like the water is filtering
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
The whole boat seems like it's humming
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I really need help
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Please say something I scared
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
My first night on boat
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Can I shut down the whole system or power off boat
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Is their a switch
Expert:  Yachtwork replied 19 days ago.

Hello, welcome. Who do I have the pleasure of speaking to? My name is***** am here to help. I have been in the marine industry for 25+ years and have been a licensed Marine Engineer since 2009. I like to think outside the box and was part of the team that set the UIM Round The World Speedboat Record. I would like to be your requested tech when you have boat issues. I will be happy to help you.

I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get you back on the water quickly.

Expert:  Yachtwork replied 19 days ago.

Are you at the boat now?

Expert:  Yachtwork replied 19 days ago.

Don't worry I am here to help.

Expert:  Yachtwork replied 19 days ago.

The first thing we should do is go to the electrical panel and find the switch for the toilet and turn that off. That might just clear the fault until morning.

Expert:  Yachtwork replied 19 days ago.

Then we can trace down the source of the sound and figure out what to do.

Expert:  Yachtwork replied 19 days ago.

How does that sound?

Expert:  Yachtwork replied 19 days ago.

I have a few more hours here. I'll keep checking back to see how you are doing.

Expert:  Yachtwork replied 18 days ago.

I stayed up for a while to see if you were ok. How did it turn out?

Expert:  Yachtwork replied 18 days ago.

Question- my head is running and running. What should I do? Answer turn off the toilette breaker at the main breaker panel.

Expert:  Yachtwork replied 18 days ago.

I did my best to answer with the information I had. I hope it helped with the project.

You might want to mark me as a favorite Expert and then on your next question you can request me and we can pick up where we left off.

I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a favorite Expert. You'll have the option to do that on your "My Questions" page if you choose to rate our interaction or you can request me by name if you wish. My name is ***** ***** I go byCustomer Marine Engineer on the site.

Scott