How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask F. Naz Your Own Question
F. Naz
F. Naz, Chartered Accountant
Category: Business
Satisfied Customers: 1076
Experience:  Doing Chartered Accountancy
Type Your Business Question Here...
F. Naz is online now

I have got a guesthouse in Mozambique. I would like to be

Customer Question

I have got a guesthouse in Mozambique.
I would like to be able to charge some of my international customers by card and get paid directly into an account in the UK.
To do that I am requested to open a business account in the UK by the payment gateway company.
This takes me to register a new company in the UK that is related to the company I have got in Mozambique.
What kind of company shall I open and what taxation would this company be subject to in the UK, given that as the service is provided in Mozambique I would need to pay taxes in Mozambique anyway. Please feel free to add any relevant information.
Looking forward to your reply
Kind regards
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Business
Expert:  F. Naz replied 1 year ago.


The company you will open will be for guest house work?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would open the company just for the purpose of being paid in a UK account.
The payment gateway company that implement the online card payment service that I want only operates in some countries (including the UK and not including Mozambique).
They request that the account to be used be a business account.
I only hold a personal account in the UK at the moment.
This is why I would open a company and a business account. Just to be paid in the UK for services that I am offering in another country.
I would like to know what kind of company I shall open in the UK for the purpose and what kind of taxation the company and or myself will be subject to. I am resident in Mozambique where I have got so far 100 % of my business interest. I am an Italian / Mozambican national.Regards
Expert:  F. Naz replied 1 year ago.

Okay, will come back to you soon, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All right, thanks to you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This should be refunded.
I haven't got an answer and I am not interested anymore in receiving any.
Please advise