How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nicola-mod Your Own Question
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 21
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Nicola-mod is online now

I bought a package of pre-wrapped chocolate Turtles. The large

Customer Question

I bought a package of pre-wrapped chocolate Turtles. The large bag was completly sealed. After eating a few I had what I thought was a broken one which I ate. Upon inspecting the remaing packets 4 of them had been eaten by mice. I was mentaly sick having eaten that one that mice were eating. All the packeta and the large package all had the same packaging number. What had happened was they packed and sealed these defective packages that were eaten by mice. Thinking about the one I ate HOW GROSS. Do I have any leagal grounds here
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

Before I begin I want to explain a bit about how the site works.

It may be that I will find that I need to gather further information from you. As well, it's quite possible that you may feel the need to ask me additional questions for further clarification.Please do not worry that you will be charged additionally if I ask you questions or if you need to ask me questions. That is not at all how the site works.

As well, please understand that as a careful lawyer I will always give you an honest answer even if the answer is sometimes not what you were hoping for.

Finally, as we go through the process please do not feel rushed if I ask you a question. You are always free to take your time to gather more information before you post back. As well, please understand that even after you rate me the post will not lock and you could always come back for further clarification if you think of something a bit later on down the road.

How horrible.

From a legal point of view you can only sue successfully if you suffer damages.

So it sounds like you fortunately did not.

If this truly traumatized you then you would need to have a psychiatrist provide expert evidence if you want to succeed.

But if you complain you may get something to make you go away so there is no reason why you should not see how far they will go. But suing won't really make sense.

Let me know if you need further clarification.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an unrated answer waiting for you here from the Professional.

If the Expert was helpful, rating their answer as satisfactory transfers your deposit to them – this is how the Expert is compensated. If you still need help with your question, please feel free to reply to the Expert on this question page. You may ask as many follow-up questions on the same question page as you need until you are satisfied.

Thank you,