How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Ease Your Own Question
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 37936
Experience:  I have been a lawyer since 1985 and have been a professional on this site for 5 years.
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Legal Ease is online now

parenmonthsts going through collaborative law, no signed agreement

Customer Question

parenmonthsts going through collaborative law, no signed agreement after 2 years, children ages 13 + 5 months grade 8; & 14 +9 grade 11; mother moving to alberta from BC; Children and father want children to remain in Victoria; father retired, home maker; what does father have to do to stop removal of children by mother against their will. Father not too knowledgeable about law; his lawyer says she does not act for the children as parents have to make decision about children. Father thinks he has to sign a letter to allow mother to take them. I think it may be the other way around and that he needs to sign a document disallowing her to take them.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Legal Ease replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

Before I begin I want to explain a bit about how the site works.

It may be that I will find that I need to gather further information from you. As well, it's quite possible that you may feel the need to ask me additional questions for further clarification.Please do not worry that you will be charged additionally if I ask you questions or if you need to ask me questions. That is not at all how the site works.

As well, please understand that as a careful lawyer I will always give you an honest answer even if the answer is sometimes not what you were hoping for.

Finally, as we go through the process please do not feel rushed if I ask you a question. You are always free to take your time to gather more information before you post back. As well, please understand that even after you rate me the post will not lock and you could always come back for further clarification if you think of something a bit later on down the road.

With whom have the children lived with so far?

And has the father told the mother she is forbidden to remove the chidren from the jurisdiction?