Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Experience:  I have been a lawyer since 1985 and have been a professional on this site for 5 years.
10263656

I live in the UK with dual nationality. My parents live in

I live in the UK with dual nationality. My parents live in British Columbia, Canada. I am a beneficiary in their wills. Can the will be re-written after their deaths to enable my inheritance to go directly to my children as ir could in the UK? My parents are Canadian
Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX my goal is to provide you with the best possible answer.

To achieve that goal it may be that I will find that I need to gather further information from you. As well, it's quite possible that you may feel the need to ask me additional questions for further clarification.

But, please understand that as a careful lawyer I will always give you an honest answer even if the answer is sometimes not what you were hoping for.

You cannot re-write their Wills.

The inheritance would first go to you and then pass to your children.

But there is no inheritance tax in Canada.

Let me know if you need any further clarification.