How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Ease Your Own Question
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 119740
Experience:  I have been a lawyer since 1985 and have been a professional on this site for 5 years.
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Legal Ease is online now

I live in the UK with dual nationality. My parents live in

This answer was rated:

I live in the UK with dual nationality. My parents live in British Columbia, Canada. I am a beneficiary in their wills. Can the will be re-written after their deaths to enable my inheritance to go directly to my children as ir could in the UK? My parents are Canadian
Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX my goal is to provide you with the best possible answer.

To achieve that goal it may be that I will find that I need to gather further information from you. As well, it's quite possible that you may feel the need to ask me additional questions for further clarification.

But, please understand that as a careful lawyer I will always give you an honest answer even if the answer is sometimes not what you were hoping for.

You cannot re-write their Wills.

The inheritance would first go to you and then pass to your children.

But there is no inheritance tax in Canada.

Let me know if you need any further clarification.
Legal Ease and other Canada Law Specialists are ready to help you