How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Ease Your Own Question
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 103418
Experience:  I have been a lawyer since 1985 and have been a professional on this site for 5 years.
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Legal Ease is online now

Good afternoon. Two questions, if I may. -My partner, a Canadian

This answer was rated:

Good afternoon.
Two questions, if I may.
-My partner, a Canadian citizen, wishes to return with our 5-year old daughter, British citizen, to Canada. Whilst our relationship is amicable at the moment, how can I ensure access to my daughter if things deteriorate.
-Would a court order issued in the UK be binding in Canada?


If you got an order now for kow it would be binding in Canada. But all orders relating to children can be varied.

Once the child is habitually resident in Canada the Canadian court would have jurisdiction over the child. So you or your partner would need to use that court to apply for ant order.

Courts rarely deprive a parent of access so you would be able to assert I your rights here just as you could back home.
Legal Ease and other Canada Law Specialists are ready to help you