How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Ease Your Own Question
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 103983
Experience:  I have been a lawyer since 1985 and have been a professional on this site for 5 years.
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Legal Ease is online now

Good afternoon My name is***** want to ask about my brother

This answer was rated:

Good afternoon
My name is***** want to ask about my brother girlriend who lives in Sweden and has Iraqi passport, which is the easiest and the fastest way to bring her to Canada? as a vistor or as a married to my brother? My borther is a Canadian citizen. Again the lady has Iraqi passport and lives in Sweden
Thank you for your question. My goal is to provide you with the best possible answer.

To achieve that goal it may be that I will find that I need to gather further information from you. As well, it's quite possible that you may feel the need to ask me additional questions for further clarification.

But, please understand that as a careful lawyer I will always give you an honest answer even if the answer is sometimes not what you were hoping for.

To come for a visit she would need to get a visitor's visa and would have to show strong ties to Sweden. She would have to show she has a job, a home (lease or deed), ties to the community etc.

Here is a link to the information she will need:

If your brother wants to sponsor her as his spouse then once he is married he can do this.

The way this works is that the sponsorship application and the permanent resident application go in together. Once your brother is approved as a sponsor his spouse's application will be processed.

She will need to undergo medical, background and criminal checks.

Here is the link to the webpage that has all the information and forms:
Legal Ease and other Canada Law Specialists are ready to help you